Some courses taught at GSU since 2006:
- Linear Algebra (Math 4435/6435)
- Modern Algebra 1 (Math 4441/6441)
- Modern Algebra 2 (Math 4442/6442)
- Abstract Algebra 2 ((Math 8221)
- Bridge to Higher Mathematics (Math3000)
- Introductory Linear Algebra (Math3435)
- Multivariate Calculus (Math 2215)
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Algebraic Concepts
Approved and Proposed Courses
- Development of a pilot course pairing: Mathematical Music Theory-Postonal Analysis (2014). These two courses are offered together to the same group of students, both mathematics/statistics and music majors, advanced undergraduate and graduate. This pilot is result of an award granted by the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Development of a course on ‘Mathematical Music Theory’ (2014). The objectives include the use of specific aspects of Group Theory, Algebraic Combinatorics on Words, Topology, and Topos Theory in the analysis of general objects of Music (scales, chords, rhythmic patterns) as well as specific applications (development of software, analysis of pieces from different time periods and genres). The course was accepted by the Mathematic and Statistics Department at Georgia State University and will be part of the course offerings in the catalogue.
- Development of a multidisciplinary course (mathematics and music students) on ‘Mathematical Music Theory’ as part of the Study Abroad with Peers program (2014). The course took place during Maymester 2014 at the East Chinese University of Science and Technology with Students from GSU and from ECUST.
- Development and implementation of a mini- course (20 hours) on ‘Mathematical Music Theory’ (November 24- 29, 2013) for seniors and graduate students at the East Chinese University of Science and Technology.
- Development and implementation of a workshop on modeling through Mathematical Music Theory for high school mathematics teachers. (June 2013).
- Co-design of the doctoral course Learning Theories in Collegiate Mathematics Education (2010).
- Online Linear Algebra course for "Georgia OnMyLine" (University System of Georgia)
Reading courses :
- Reading Course in Mathematical Music Theory 4999 Fall 2010
- Reading Course in Mathematical Music Theory 6999 Fall 2011
- Reading Course in Symmetries 6999 Spring 2012