Conferences and presentations : My own, My students and Colleagues
- Manuel M. Ponce’s piano Sonata No. 2 (1916): An Analysis Using Signature Transformations and Spelled Heptachords: Friday, November 28, 2014 at the International Congress on Mathematics and Music, Puerto Vallarta, México.
- Glarean´s Dodecachordon Revisited: Friday, June 14, 2013 at the Fourth International Conference on Mathematics in Music, Schulich School of Music, McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- (November 2014) Manuel M. Ponce’s Sonata No. 2 (1916): An Analysis Using Signature Transformations and Spelled Hepatchords, invited talk at the International Congress on Music and Mathematics, Puerto Vallarta.
- Modeling Tonal Jazz Improvisation using a Pattern-based Computer Algorithm.- Monday, April 8, 2013-Loudermilk Conference Center-4:50pm-5:20pm Jonn Spencer, Mariana Montiel, Martin Norgaard (Georgia State University)
- Mathematical Seminar on Rubato Composer Software.- Thursday April 5th 2012 at 11am-College of Education 796 Rubato
- Mathematical Music Theory Conference.- a lunchtime talk by :Dr. Mariana Montiel Wednesday March 14th 2012 12pm-1pm COE 796 Power Point Presentation
- Dr. Guerino Mazzola's seminar on Rubato Composer at GSU.- April 2012
- Book presentation: Chapter 4 from the book An Introduction to Group Theory with Applications to Mathematical Music Theory
- Presentación del libro: Capítulo 4 del libro Introducción a la Teoría de Grupos con Aplicaciones en la Teoría Matemática de la Música
- Rubato Composer and its pedagogical use to transmit advanced mathematical concepts
- Rubato Composer y su uso pedagogico para transmitir conceptos matematicos avanzados
- Dimensional Analogy
Undergraduate Research Presentations by My Students :
- Musical Modulation by Symmetries
- Creating and Implementing a Form Space and Denotator for Bass Using the Category-Theoretic Concept Framework
- Rubato Composer and its Functorial Approach: From Morphisms to Gestures through Rubettes